Thursday, March 22, 2007

chinese cooking

shaomai

I finally decided that it was about time to learn how to cook these fab chinese dishes we have been served the past two months. I actually bought some vermicelli in the store and shaomai which is very hard to buy due to the labelling in chinese. Hence, the time it took me to build up the guts to go and buy it. I ate some extremely good homecooked rice, corn and veggie shaomai in Shantou, but they only had shrimp, fish and chicken in the store, so I went with the latter one. I put vegetables and the shaomai, into the vermicellis and made a wonderful soup! Hooray for chinese cooking!! =) When I got to the eating part of it, I realised I was out of wooden chopsticks that we always take with us from the cantine. I don´t find it easy to eat noodles and shaomai with a fork, but searched for it in order to find out that it has been lost somewhere unknown. I knew I should have bought chopsticks for myself sooner. My conclusion today is that I have to invest in a pair of my own chopsticks. That is for sure.

No comments: