Saturday, January 10, 2009

Great male comedians - any female comedians?

it just hit me as a puzzle (I might be incredibly politically incorrect right now) to whixh extent I could suddenly only name male comedians as favorites: Eddie Murphy, Jeff Dunham, Jack Dee, Lee Mack, Rowna Atkinson, Robin Williams, Jim Carey, Leif Juster, Dagfinn Lyngbø, Atle Antonsen (last three names are Norwegian) etc etc. Where is the long list of female comedian mega superstars?

I also began thinking that in real life this personality trade of being funny or entertaining is more likely to stand as a male characteristic. And it got me thinking. Its no brain surgery or rocket science to see that it takes a good portion of self confidence and ego to be a comedian. Women tend to be critical about every little tiny bit of themselves and especially towards other women, so I guess it does not come as a big surprise that we are not so good at taking a piss at ourselves as men are (unless the man is a %&%?$ that thinks there are actually laws written in the case if anyone would be so cheeky to offend him - HIM of all people). Oh well, taking a piss at woman AND men here..

My point was just that - well I didnt have a point really. Just couldnt think of any female comedians yesterday and it got me thinking... which clearly was not a good idea.

A good night to you. :)

No comments: