Sunday, January 15, 2006

back to Bergen

As some of you already know, my travelling luck run out many years ago! So, this time the story is as follows.. I took the train to Bergen, and had looked forward to a beautiful scenery of snow on the mountains etc.. It takes approx six-seven hours and the highest trainstation is situated at 1222meters above sealevel! Anyway..

I sat down on my seat which was turned against the travelling direction which in turn I react to because I get travelling sicknessjust by sitting the right way.. In addition, the person sitting next to me smelled so badly of boose that I couldn´t even turn my head in his direction to look out the window without feeling really sick myself.. An everytime I tried I looked at him at was waiting for a firehose like puking cause he really really looked like shit.. I can´t complain too much about it because I explained the situation to the ticket man and I switched place so I could sit the right way. At that time I didn`t realise how lucky I was to still be seated in the same cart! I only noticed the three kids sitting next to me already bored out of their minds by sitting still for five minutes.. After some hours of trying to sleep (since I got up at 6.30 in the morning..) but failed because of their constant noise I found out that the smallest kid, the most annoying one wasn´t even part of this family! He was a kid, about five six years old, that found the only two kids in the train and decided that they should entertain him! haha, I laughed when I saw how much he was actually bothering them and then I just watched them pretending to be asleep and felt a little sad when they left me only half way to Bergen..

Next I felt a little hungry and went bacwards to the diningcart. As soon as I stepped through the sliding doors right behind my seat I was filled with joy that I at least had not been moved tothe other part of the cart! They apparently had a party going on! Drinking since we left i figured and already really drunk, they had turned on a radio for all and more to hear, more or less voluntarily! Poor people.. They started singing and laughing out loud and started to really really bug me when they finally left two hours before arrival in Bergen. =)

Then I noticed that the heaps of snow I just passed and wattched on the mountains, suddenly had changed into the typical western Norway weather of rain.. Yes, I was getting closer. I dozed of a couple of times before I reached my destination and could get out.

2 comments:

HarryA said...

Please explaing using meta-language or predicate logic how you arrive to the conclusion "Poor People..." from this following line of argument:

"They apparently had a party going on! Drinking since we left i figured and already really drunk, they had turned on a radio for all and more to hear, more or less voluntarily! Poor people..."

Then answer the following questions: Why did you not join in on the fun? and WHY DID YOU NOT JOIN IN ON THE FUN?!?

=P

Well I'm sorry to say that even your brief stay in norway has removed the finnish programing that me, pekka and markku set out to accomplish in you. How bitterly we have failed. When you return to Finland you will submitt yourself for re-education!

"The Institute of Going a Bit mad in helsinki" signing off.

P.S. "The institute..." is a Monty Python reference, should yuou care to know ^^

Anonymous said...

Hehe! I guess me and Marie-Sophie managed to counteract the institute with our calm and harmonius presence...öhh, with just a few minor slips.. Just back from Suomi I realized even more how nice my autumn has been. Thank you Pia for making it great! It felt strange to bee there without you. And I totally agree with your feelings about travelling after flying five times in a month! Today I took the wrong suitcase from the luggagethingy..arrgh