Sunday, April 02, 2006

its a beautiful sunday to paint on!

Today I spent the whole day in my room. The last stuff from my old apartment has been moved out and all my things are finally gathered together on one location! After reorganising my 14 squaremeters to fit with the stuff that used to fill up 65 squaremeters I started painting. I´ve been wanting to get started on it again, but I never seem to find that calm moment where I have the time AND the inspiration to paint something that doesn´t just waste a lot of good paper or canvas. I was quite pleased with what I achieved and got an inner peace and quiet that I´ve lacked the last couple of weeks.

Of course, it might also have something to do with my three-days-in-a-row-partying.. I never do that, I can usually barely stand the next day after one night of partying, so I don´t know what got into me. It probably did some good so I´m not gonna spend energie on dwelling on it.

I´ve also sent some nice e-mails to people I haven´t spoken to in a long time AND I did some school stuff. I feel like I haven´t done anything though. My to-do list before leaving for Helsinki this Easter is so long I think I would have had to postpone the whole holiday to make it through. I couldn´t be bothered with being to stressed right now. Did I just say that? It will just last the day I think and then tomorrow I won´t even remember having said that due to my stressful life. haha.. as if not everyone else are panicking as much as me because of stress? Why do we tend to think that we need to uphold an everyday speed at 200km/h? Is it because everyone else does it? And barely makes an effort, it seems like? Or because we feel we have to - that everything feels like a chore? Not to disappoint people? Anyone have any more suggestions?

I guess I often think that I let people around me down if I skip to do something. Somehow that they expect things from me. I know that it is only my own expectations and that they are really really high, but it is a nasty habit that is hard to let go of..

Anyhow, the painting seems soothing to thoughts like these. I better paint more often.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I think it´s like a drug stress. I am going cold turkey on it and it is painful! Especially when everyone else is running around like chickens without heads. Wish I could be there on easter, I am so envious. Especially nom when you have discouvered your secret power -drinkingism. Miss you!

Pia said...

HELLO!!!!
I´ve really missed having these conversations with you!! They were always good.
I miss you so much I sometimes wish I never left Helsinki! Great that you´re stopping by on my blog, Jag tackar så hemskt mycket för det! Hoppas verkligen att vi får til att göra en sommarfest där allihopa kan träffas!

Looooots of love my darling!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Piatch! We love to see you're paintings one day. Pis out Piatch!

Dominik said...

oh, the little workaholic got some stress relief! Glad to hear that! :-) You should paint more often. Seriously!
The keeping up with the Joneses bothers me too. But unlike you, I just get a bit depressed or I decide that I don't want to take part in the "big game". Being egoistic and antisocial with other peoples expectations also helps, but will diminish your social network somewhat (ha! Euphemism alarm.) Anyway, glad to hear that! See you next week!

Pia said...

That is just the best thing to say, isn´t it? - see you next week darling!! I think that is the best stress antidote there is!