Sunday, February 25, 2007

dumplings in the microwave again?

Those of you who know me knows that I like to cook. This has not been particularly easy here seeing as we have no idea what half of the stuff in the supermarkets or markets are and therefore we don´t kjnow how to prepare it either. So we have to buy everything in advance or go out to eat in the various cantines that they have on campus. This is of course pretty nice because its easy and you don´t pay more than 23 dollars (16kr?) max for a big dinner.

This has only one drawback as far aas I am concerned. If you are hungry after eight o`clock or if you come home late and didn´t have time to eat or forgot it - your only alternativ is.... microwave food from seven/eleven.... Now this is not ordinary food. As if its not bad enough that it is, in fact microwave food, they put all sorts of things in the micro here.... (which you find out as soon as you open up the micro door in the kitchen at the dorm) They even have dumplings that you can reheat.. yuk.

Today I ate that. It was warm. it was eadable. I not hungry anymore. I am once again reminded that I should remember to buy food earlier in the evening. Or have a stock at home. Just in case. So, thank you Tommy for the noodles :P They will come in handy. =)

1 comment:

Tommy said...

You're welcome hon'!